Monday, June 06, 2005

On movies

I seldom go to the movies, not that I don’t like movies. I do. I usually wait for the movies to come out on tape or DVD, or sometimes, to be shown on TV. On average, I go to the movies only once a year, twice at the most. This is a far cry from my movie-going habit when I was still single in the Philippines. I think I went at least once a month, or more, to watch my favourite Pinoy movie stars. It’s probably because I didn’t have a TV back then. Besides, going to the movies back home is very affordable. But here in Canada, it’s quite pricey. Tickets are $8.50 each. Plus I have to buy the over-priced popcorn and drinks for the kids. Otherwise, they don’t see the point of going to the movies without those. Every year, I treat the kids, and myself as well. We pick one movie that we really like that is worth watching on the big screen, such as those with spectacular special effects: the Harry Potter Series, The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, or Star Wars.

No comments: