Wednesday, August 04, 2004

On Writing

In 2001, I discovered the wonderful world of internet, and of course, alongside with it, e-mail. I started writing to family and friends from back home in the Philippines. Since I haven’t communicated with them for a long time, I had lots of stories to share. A few have commented that I was a good storyteller and that they enjoyed reading my e-mails. With these comments, I was inspired to write more creatively. I then got interested in website building. I created my very own personal webpage wherein I posted not only pictures, but some of the articles and stories that I have written as well. I wrote about my personal experiences here in Canada and about my experiences as a mother.

I have also taken up reading again. I used to read a lot when I was younger. But ever since I started a family, I got really busy and haven’t read any books for a long time. Now that the kids are older and need less attention, and also because I work at home, I have found time to read again. The more I read, the more I want to write about my own personal stories.

Friends ask me how I find time to write and update my websites. Surely, working at home has made my life easier but raising three young kids still take up a lot of my time. You'll probably find this true though: Don't we always find time, no matter how busy we are, to do the things we love.

1 comment:

SuperP. said...

Looking forward to more of your posts on life as a mother in Canada!