Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Goldeyes and the teacher


I like teaching my children and bringing them to places where they’ve never been before. I never thought that they would also teach me things and bring me to places I’ve never been before.

Mama gave us two free tickets to the Goldeyes game this Sunday. She knew that Ryan was into sports. Ryan was excited and was faced with the decision of which parent to bring to the game. It was a no-brainer to him. No, he didn’t pick the obvious choice because he was worried that “Daddy might not buy me hotdogs on the game.” Because what’s the point of watching a baseball game without hotdogs, right? It’s like going to the movies without popcorn. So I was honoured and gladly went to the game with him even though I didn’t understand a thing about baseball.

The thing about baseball is it is an outdoor sport and you watch it out in the open. Today was a sweltering 32C degrees and it was sooo hot. Good thing that we applied sunblock before we left home. Forgot the hats though. We saw Goldie, the team mascot. Yes, we had hotdogs and cold drinks, which turned warm just like that because it was sooo hot. And we got a treat from the owner of the Goldeyes team, none other than Mayor Sam Katz. It was his daughter’s birthday and he gave everybody, all 6,000 (?) of us Breyers frozen delights. That was sweet, or I should say cool.

The Winnipeg Goldeyes played against the Edmonton Cracker Cats. The home team won 12-8. And Jorge Moreno was the star of this game. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you much more because I am not familiar with the terms. Although, I did learn a little bit about baseball today. Thanks to my patient teacher.

3 comments:

Sidney said...

It is nice when you are close to your kids and when you can do things together as a family !
Nice to hear you had a good time !

Unknown said...

So this is you with the kids? I was looking for your real name here, this is what I saw while scrolling down. Looks like they're into American sports now, haha.

niceheart said...

Hi Teacher Sol.

My son Ryan is really into sports, basketball and baseball, mostly.

You can view our family pictures at http://catherinescorner.homestead.com