Sunday, October 02, 2005

Retiring Gracefully

Rowena Delmundo, 55, retired on September 30, 2005 after 15 years with GWL.

But as Michelle, her supervisor, said, she doesn’t look like she’s retiring. Rowena looks as young as ever. She doesn’t seem to age. She’s as beautiful and as elegant as she was on May 27, 1996, the day I started working at GWL.

Before that, Rowena worked at the Toronto BPO as preprocessor. When the BPO integrated, she moved to the Winnipeg office and then in 1996, she took on the role of a benefits examiner.

At first, I thought that her name was Norweena because of the way Pat, our Trainor, pronounced her name. I didn’t know that here in Canada, they say Rowena (Ro-wee-nah) differently than we do in the Philippines, which is Ro-weh-na. I was very glad when I learned that I was training at the HDCC with a fellow Filipino. She was very amiable and she introduced me to her other Pinoy friends. We always had lunch together at the north end corner of the cafeteria.

Read more and view pictures here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Rowena definitely doesn't look like she's at a retiring age.

Thank you for sharing the link of your personal website. The photos of your family and friends are lovely.

Your website is a great inspiration for those who seek greener pastures abroad.