Thursday, April 07, 2005

Boy or Girl?

Elisabeth, one of the co-hosts of “The View,” had a baby girl. Last week, her co-hosts did viewer-suggested tests in determining if a pregnant woman is having a baby boy or girl. All tests leaned towards a boy. That shows you that those tests are just old wives tales.

1. If the belly is sticking out and the mom is carrying high, it’s a boy. If it is spread out to the sides and she’s carrying low, it’s a girl.
2. Make the mom stick out her tongue and check under, if it’s blue, she’s having a boy. If it’s purple, she’s having a girl.
3. If the hair on her neck goes to a point, it’s a boy. If it goes to a straight, it’s a girl.
4. Thread a sewing needle and let it hang over the belly. If the needle moves back and forth, it’s a boy. If it moves in a circle it’s a girl.
5. If the mom’s heart rate is over 150, it’s a boy. If it’s below 150, it’s a girl.

When I was pregnant with my first baby, almost everybody told me that I was carrying a girl. “You’re glowing, you don’t have that dark mask on your face. That’s a girl!” “You’re carrying low, that’s a girl.” I believed them and every time I felt my baby’s foot kick my ribs towards the end of the pregnancy, I would say, “There, there, Rachel.” But I wasn’t disappointed when I learned that I had a baby boy. RG was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and he just melted my heart.

No comments: