Saturday, April 02, 2005

He touched lives

Pope John Paul II dies at 84. Today at church, we prayed for him.

I don’t have a personal experience with the Pope, but I wrote this in my journal on Friday, July 26, 2002.

It is World Youth Day. Pope John Paul II is in Toronto. Millions of people from all over the world traveled to witness this very special and holy event. Ote told me on her email today that when the Pope went to the Philippines in 1995, she cried when she went to the places where the Pope passed by during the tour. My friend Jocelyn also told me in her letter back in 1995 that she also cried when she saw the Pope. And today, I was watching it on TV, I saw a little girl cried when the Pope kissed her. She said that she was so happy. He still touches so many people even in His old age (82) and weakness. (He has arthritis and Parkinson’s disease.)

No comments: