Friday, January 07, 2005

Double jeopardy

I was washing the dishes after supper when RK came to me crying. His right hand was holding his left one over his crotch. “Mommy, I got hurt! Hoo hoo hoo.” My heart started to race. What did he do now? I thought that he hurt his crotch. No. He closed the door upstairs when his left hand was still there. I coaxed him to stop crying and told him that it would feel better in a little bit.

Later, we went upstairs to start reading his books. Then I remembered that I have to fix the keyboard holder of the desk in their bedroom. The thing wouldn’t go in. I just decided to take it out since they don’t use it anymore. We got rid of the old slow computer that once was there.

I went under the table and took out the screws. I asked RK, who was already feeling better, to get me a bag where I can put the screws. Always the eager helper that he was, he went willingly downstairs to get a bag, came back up, gave it to me under the desk and then OUCH. He got up while he was still under the protruded keyboard holder. He wailed again. He got a big scratch on his back. I cajoled him once more. “I’m sorry that you got hurt,” I told him. “It’s not your fault mommy. It was that thing,” he said.

A couple of months ago while I was working and RK was drawing on the floor beside me, a few papers fell down from my desk. RK said, “Oh, I’m sorry, Mommy.” “That’s okay, it’s not your fault, RK,” I replied. I’m amazed at how my kids pick up the little things that I say and do -both good and bad ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice naman nung mga updates mo. alam mo i really love reading ur thoughts and kwentos.actually mahilig din ako sa ganyan.minsan binabasa ko yung mga diaries ko since elementary days ko.pampasaya ng life.ngayon medyo am tryin pa rin mag ganun.pakonti konti na lang.

khel