Sunday, November 21, 2004

The day after

R left the beer bottles and glasses on the coffee table in the basement. I didn’t clean them up. I refuse to clean up after his drinking mess. It always brings up memories of Papa’s drinking. One scene is still very vivid in my mind. It happened in our kitchen in Noveleta. Mama was crying while she was washing the floor. Papa must be having a meal on the table. It looked like Papa was mad at Mama, or he must be drunk. This memory comes back to me everytime I see R’s mess after a night of drinking.

The kids and I went to Mass with Mama. On the church parking lot, we saw Terry’s youngest son driving their van. Student driver. He’s 15 ½. RG would be driving soon. How scary is that.

I finally finished and mailed Assignment 6 and got RG’s birthday party out of the way. Sigh of relief!!!

I raked the leaves in the backyard. I wanted to get them out of there before the snow falls. It’s good that the snow is late this year because I haven’t had the chance to rake the leaves up until this day. I didn’t really want to do it but nobody else would. I didn’t want to leave the leaves there all Winter. When the snow melts in the Spring, and the leaves thaw, there’s gonna be molds, not good for kids with asthma. I asked RG to help me bag the leaves since I wanted to take it easy. Bending over makes my back hurt.

After raking the leaves, I lay down for a nap. I asked RK to lie beside me and tell me bedtime stories. He’s good at making up stories. I woke up at past 4 p.m. and did the rest of the vacuuming.

I was really tired at night.

No comments: