Thursday, November 18, 2004

Of break-ups, striped, and legacy

On “The View,” the ladies were talking about getting over a break-up. It’s hard for everybody. And it’s not really good if you have a low self-esteem. I think that’s why it has been hard for me to get over my first heartbreak. My first boyfriend didn’t even formally break up with me. He just stopped seeing me. When I saw him later on with other girls, I couldn’t help comparing myself to them. I thought, of course, that girl, or this girl is taller than me. Why would he want to stay with a short girl like me when he was six foot tall. My self-esteem sunk after that break-up.

RK has encountered the word “striped” in 2 of the books that he read this week. It’s cute to hear him read stripe-ped, which of course I corrected on both times. I remember when RG used to read jump-ped (jumped).

On “Primetime-Prince Harry and the Forgotten Kingdom,” Prince Harry spent a year off before college in Lesotho helping kids infected with AIDS. His mother, Princess Diana, planted a seed in her sons. Harry wanted to continue her mother’s legacy. He felt that’s what she would have wanted him and brother Will to do.

William was 15 and Harry 12 when Diana died in a tragic accident trying to avoid the paparazzi. Just to think that William was only as old as RG is now when he lost his mother. I couldn’t imagine my kids losing me at such young ages.

No comments: