Friday, December 24, 2004

Ganuon talaga

I worked half day only. After lunch, R came to Superstore with me. We had a plumbing problem later in the afternoon. Sis did, as well, because our pipes are somehow connected. We called Roto-Rooter and luckily they sent someone over. I was worried that since it was the holidays, no one would come. Why is it that expenses like these come up when you least need them. Sis confided that they have racked up quite a few credit $$$ in their recent trip. “Well, ganuon talaga. At least nakauwi kayo,” I told her. Eh ako nga, haven't gone back home in 13 years.

Sis showed me their pictures from the Philippines. They were able to recover their deleted pictures. Nakakatuwang tingnan yung mga Cosmos bottles. Drinks over there still come in glass bottles pala. They also have pictures at Luneta. They had shots with the statues of Maria Clara, Rizal and his execution. I was also surprised that they still wear those black rectangular pins kapag namatayan.

RK has been asking for the past couple of days if he could open his presents "now." I told him that he has to be patient. I was surprised that my kids didn’t ask if they could open at least one present tonight. They usually do on Christmas Eve. It’s probably because they already knew what they were getting. They went to bed at 10:30 p.m. We had to go to the 9:00 a.m. mass in the morning.

No comments: