Thursday, December 16, 2004

A lesson in giving

It was Blake’s turn to come over. He came at around 6:00 p.m. I let them play in my bedroom as RG was already practicing his flute in their bedroom. When we were all downstairs waiting for his mom, RK offered Blake the Pot of Gold chocolates. Blake picked the rectangular signature piece. That was RK’s favourite. The other day, I ate the other signature piece. Ooops! I told him that there was another one on the bottom layer and he could have that one. So when Blake took a bite of the chocolate, I watched for RK’s reaction. He didn’t react.

Blake’s mom came at around 7:30 p.m. When they were gone, RK started to cry.

RK: Blake ate my chocolate. Hoo hoo.
Mom: (Uh oh!) That’s okay. I’ll buy some more next week.
RK: But he ate my favourite.
Mom: That’s okay, because he’s your friend. Sometimes we give our friends our favourites.

No comments: